Rajour T. Ako
- Terahertz devices
- Optical materials
- Bachelor science - University of Buea
- Master of Science - Xiamen University
- Doctor of Philosophy - RMIT
Achievements & Awards
- 2010, Chinese Government Scholarship, China, PR
- 2011, Li Heng award, Xiamen University, China
- 2012, Global Engineer Leadership Scholarship, Taiwan
- 2013, Brunei Government Scholarship, Brunei Darussalam
- 2017, RMIT Research International Tuition & Stipend Scholarships, RMIT University
Dr Rajour T. Ako is a postdoctoral research fellow with the Functional Materials and Microsystems Research Group at RMIT University. He is also affiliated to the ARC Centre of Excellence for Transformative Meta-Optical Systems and the Terahertz Community of Australia and New Zealand. Dr Ako’s primary research interest focuses on investigating novel materials and fabrication techniques to realize efficient passive and functional micro devices to manipulate terahertz waves for communication and sensing applications.
Dr Ako obtained his Doctor of Philosophy in Electronics and Communication Engineering at RMIT University in 2021. He holds a Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering from Xiamen University, China (2012) and a Bachelor of Science in Physics from the University of Buea, Cameroon (2007); Between 2013 and 2016, he worked at the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE), A-STAR, Singapore and University Brunei Darussalam on band-gap engineering of semiconductor oxides to enhance solar cell efficiency.
He has published and co-published about 40 scientific research articles in top tier peer-reviewed journals and currently has more than 800 citations with h-index of 17 [Google Scholar; June 19, 2023]. During this time he has collaborated with, and co-author several publications with more than 77 co-authors from the broader part of Asia Pacific. He has i10 index of 22. In addition to conducting research, Dr Ako is an active reviewer for several top tier scientific journals and has also supervised master’s and PhD students.
He is a huge football fan and also football player for the RMIT University football club (RMIT FC).
His publication and citation data can be tracked using the following: ORCID:0000-0001-9664-1838: Scopus Author ID:56941746800″
- Terahertz waveguides and modulators
- Terahertz detectors and sensors
- Ultra thin flexible all dielectric metasurfaces for terahertz manipulation